Angelcare Baby Movement Monitor Review
From the Manufacturer
The Angelcare Baby Movement Monitor (AC300) is portable and can be used anywhere baby sleeps. The under-the-mattress sensor pad detects the slightest baby movements and alerts you if no movement is detected for 20 seconds. It is a great addition to the Movement Sensor with Sound Monitor from Angelcare if you have twins sleeping in different beds, in the same room. Can also be a great addition to the Angelcare sound monitor or any other sound monitor for that little extra reassurance.
Whether your baby is awake or sound asleep, the under-the-mattress Sensor Pad will detect all of your baby’s movements, even the slightest breathing movements. The Angelcare Baby Movement Monitor uses a sensor alarm which works in such a way that if movement is not detected after 20 seconds then an alarm will sound to alert you to the situation.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Uses batteries, so no need to find an outlet, and one less cord to secure.
- Portable and easy to use in a variety of situations, from bassinet to crib to pack-n-play.
- Works very well for swaddled and/or wrapped newborns and infants that aren’t moving around too much.
- Manual switch requires you to remember to turn it on and off each time you pick up your baby.
- Once baby starts to roll on their side, or moving to edges of crib, the sensitivity may not pick up their breathing properly, resulting in false alarms.
Why We Bought It
With our first daughter, we found ourselves always walking over to her bassinet and placing our hands on her chest to “make sure she was still breathing.” Like most new parents…especially first timers…on of our biggest fears was SIDs. After a few weeks, this paranoia got a little unhealthy, and right about that time, we discovered baby movement monitors. There are so many new pieces of gear for new parents to consider, but this was not something that was on our radar initially. Since we installed this movement monitor, we have recommended it to many of friends, and many have chosen to use it for their own babies. The Angelcare Baby Movement Monitor has really helped my wife and I sleep a little better at night. It provides an extra layer of monitoring that gives us a little extra piece of mind and comfort. It can be a little temperamental when getting it all set up, due to its sensitivity, and once a baby starts sleeping on their side, it may have trouble picking up their breathing, but all in all, we are very happy with its performance. If you already have a video/audio monitor, the basic model works just fine, as you can easily hear the alarm in your nursery through a regular video/audio monitoring system. Otherwise, they have integrated systems that may save you some money and keep your total number of gadgets down a bit.
The Angelcare Baby Movement Monitor is definitely a worthy addition to your baby nursery, starting with the baby’s first day at home. It helped us sleep better at night, and we think you will too.
Incoming search terms:
- angelcare monitor bassinet
- angel care monitor in bassinet?
- angelcare monitor pack n play
- angelcare movement monitor in bassinet
- Can an Angelcare monitor be used in a Pack N Play
- does angelcare monitor work with pack n play
- how to set up angelcare monitor in pack and play
- is the angel care monitor ok to use in a bassinet