Chicco Cortina Travel System Review
From the Manufacturer
The Chicco Contina Infant Car Seat is the #1 rated infant car seat in America. The Chicco Cortina Infant Car Seat is the premier infant carrier for safety, comfort, and convenience. The Cortina is packed with features that make this Infant car seat the easiest to install and thus the safest choice for your baby. This is designed especially for the Chicco Infant Car Seat, the Cortina stroller works as a travel system for your infant and a full size stroller for your growing baby. The Cortina stroller will satisfy your desire for convenience, comfort and safety.
The Chicco Cortina Stroller Travel System features the stroller and the Chicco Infant Car Seat. It is one of the most fabulous systems on the market because it combines Chicco fashion and safety ideas. The Chicco Cortina Stroller features a lightweight, aluminum frame which comes loaded. It has a one hand fold to make life much easier on the parent. The Chicco stroller features a smooth ride which will assure the child that rest will be possible the entire way.
- Well built and sturdy, and has been very reliable for us for over 17 months thus far.
- Easily collapses with just one free hand, assuming you will be holding your baby with the other.
- Car seat snaps securely into the stroller and can be easily removed with just hand, while holding and lifting the seat with the other.
- Removable, washable cloth cover on both car seat and stroller.
- Removable, dishwasher-safe drink/food tray.
- The Cortina is only rated to 22lbs. Most babies/toddlers reach this weight by 12 to 18 months. At that point, you will need to purchase a larger car seat. You may want to consider purchasing the Travel System that is rated to 30 pounds instead, in order to get a little more life out of this Chicco system.
- As our daughter got older, and wanted to check out everything going on around her while we were out and about, we realized that we wished the seat adjustment sat up a little bit more. Our daughter has to hold on to the food/drink tray in order to sit straight up.
Why We Chose This Product
After careful consideration, we chose the Chicco Cortina Travel System for our first child. We like it because it collapses and opens easily, has good build quality, and receives good safety reviews. After using for nearly 17 months of use, it is still in great condition and has held up very well. The carseat can only be used until your child is 22 pounds, so you may want to consider the 30 pound system instead, in order to get a little more life out of the carseat, before having to upgrade to a larger one.
Regularly a top choice for new parents, you can’t go wrong with the Chicco Cortina Travel System. It’s build quality and ease of use makes it well worth the slightly higher price.